This is a basic test version of the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.
K15F/G works only with XWJVH & XXJVO based ROMs!
For JVB roms use K15D version.
This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000
This kernel has NO LAGFIX support yet. Please UNDO LAGFIXES before flashing this kernel.
UPDATE: K15G-T9 has support for EXT4 and RFS only.
For now it has:
- Conservative CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness with good battery life
- CWM2.5-based recovery
- Lowmemorykiller tuning
- MDNIE Sharpness Fix and some color tuning
- FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound
- Conservative CPU governor for better battery life
- Volume level fixes
- Startup script tweaks
- Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
- Disabled kernel debug logs / printk
- Updated to jhash3
- 334MB RAM
- Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis
- Compiled with O3 optimizations using latest codesourcery 2010.09 toolchain
I'll implement the SpeedMod Froyo features bit by bit as I have the time to.
NOTES about K15G:
- K15G now has a basic CWM2.5 Recovery!
- CWM2.5 in K15G has not been tested much. Use at your own risk and be careful!
- CWM2.5 button configuration is different from Froyo. Use POWER to select and BACK for back.
- Minor fixes to CWM
- New CPU governor tweaks for increased smoothness
- New "UNFRAGMENT" feature in CWM: does a backup-format-restore to speed up phone
- Fixes to CWM for some people with backup/restore problems
- Ext4 support and filesystem conversion to EXT4 and RFS
- Rebuilt from updated Samsung GB kernel source
- Front camera works!