In case you rooted your Inspire 4G couple of days back and were able to flash CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it, then there is some good news for you. According to DOAlaboratories, senior XDA member and Android developer, there is now a CM7 compatible kernel available that can overclock your HTC Inspire 4G to a whooping 1.8 GHz. So far, this is the highest stable OC done to inspire 4G and we will be happy if the chip doesn’t roast after a day or two of consistent usage.
Here is the step by step guide to overclock your Inspire 4G to 1.8 GHz with CM 7 custom kernel:
- The first step is to make sure that you have root with CM 7 installed on your phone.
- Now connect your phone to the computer, download the overclocking kernel zip file from here [Mirror], and save it in your SD card root.
- Once done, reboot your phone in recovery and make a complete Nandroid backup.
- After this use onscreen recovery options to flash this kernel on your phone.
- Once the kernel is installed / flashed, reboot your inspire 4G and download SetCPU from market.
- Now use SetCPU to overclock your phone to 1.8 GHz!