Well we don’t really know how Rovio will react to this in legal terms, but a senior XDA member, cedric123, has just released a modified version of Angry Birds for Android. According to cedric, he has optimized Angry Birds by zip aligning and batch optimizing it and also with ads removed to improve your gameplay experience. On a personal note, we aren’t huge fans of these kind of “no ads” modification, but it is also true that ads in the game’s Android version aren’t less than a menace.
So how do you install it? Don’t worry and see the instructions below to get the ads free Angry Birds on your Android phone / device.
- The first step is to download modified cedric’s Ads Free Angry Birds APK from here and save it on your computer.
- Once done, connect your Android device to the computer, mount SD Card card as flash drive and copy the APK file to SD card root.
- After this uninstall any version of Angry Birds that you have on your device using any good uninstaller available in Market.
- Now download Astro File Manager from the market and install the APK normally like other apps.
- Once the APK is installed, launch this modified version of Angry Birds and wait for the blue bar. According to cedric, some QVGA devices may see a black or white screen.
- Now push the screen lock button on your phone and after a second or two, unlock the screen.
- Now you will be able to see the Angry Birds launch screen with Play button in the middle. Do not tap on the play button for now.
- First tap on the round tab on the screen bottom followed by tapping on the mountain icon.
- Once you are done with these unusual tapings, press on the Play button. And now you are all set to thrash those greenies
We can confirm this as working on our HTC Wildfire. And we do believe that it will work on your phone / tablet too. Please note that we do not, under any circumstances, promote wares, cracks or hacked apps. This post is for education purposes only.
In case you are facing any issues with game play or installation process, please consult cedric’s XDA thread posted here.